Since 1988, Mad River Topsoil & Mulch has been the area’s leading producer of processed and custom blended topsoil and mulches. We cater to the professional as well as the do-it-yourself landscaper.
Daily, our stock includes twelve types of organic or color enhanced mulches which include hardwoods, cypress, cedar and pine – all ready for pick up or delivery.
We have seven blends of topsoil in addition to fill dirt, limestone, chips & dust, pea gravel, sand, pit run and decorative flagstone ready for pick up or delivery in any size quantity.
We invite you to join our many loyal customers in finding the solution to your landscaping needs amidst our wide selection of competitively priced in-stock mulches, topsoil, sands, gravels and flagstone.
Feel free to bring your truckload or trailer load of brush, tree trimmings, grass clippings, wood chips or leaves for disposal when you come and shop with us. Whether you are a commercial or residential customer, we do not charge for disposal of yard waste.
Topsoil, Composts and Custom Blends
- Fill Dirt – Rough soil containing roots and rocks. Used for filling of large holes and for backfill.
- Processed Topsoil- Topsoil sifted through a 10 mm screen. Used for planting reseeding and landscaping.
- Plus 2 Topsoil- Processed topsoil with organic peat moss added. Excellent for flower beds.
- Super Soil- Processed topsoil with organic peat moss and sand added. To give your lawn that golf course look.
- Garden Mix- Processed topsoil with peat moss, pine fines and sand added. The gardener’s choice for vegetables, plants and flowers.
- Custom Blends- Customized mixes at customer’s request for gardens, flower beds and golf courses.
- Mushroom Compost- Great for mixing in flower and vegetable gardens. Adds essential nutrients to the soil for your flower and vegetable gardens.
- Peat Moss- Adds essential nutrients to the soil for your flower and vegetable gardens.
Gravel, Rocks, Sand and Decorative Gravel
- Pit Run- Combination of dirt and rock up to softball size. Used for building pads.
- Pea Gravel- Used for drainage and base for concrete slabs and footers.
- 304 Limestone- Approximately 1/2” limestone to dust. White in color. Used on driveways under concrete and pavers. Packs well either beside it or under it.
- 411 Limestone- Approximately ¾” fine limestone gravel to dust. Used under pavers, concrete and on driveways. Packs well either beside it or under it.
- Concrete Sand- Course sand. Use as a base under pavers.
- Masonry Sand- Fine sand. Used to mix mortar for brick, block and stone. Also the right sand to use under swimming pool liners. Great for sand castles.
- Flagstone- Decorative. Use for walls, walkways, planters and ponds. Approximately 65 rocks per ton.